This almond butter and jelly breakfast bowl was featured in a three recipe compilation you can check out here!
I’m sharing a very important personal fact today. You should consider yourself lucky because I don’t share this with just anybody. Or in fact you may be concerned since I’m sharing personal facts with a stranger. But nonetheless this is my most favorite breakfast to date.
Like you heard about in this post when I professed my love for Greek yogurt. It was my last food step in the way of me becoming vegan. I used to make super fancy yogurt bowls with superfoods like this. I thought they were a thing of the past until I discovered my yogurt technique. Now my yogurt bowls are just as great as they were before veganism.
What’s So Great About this Almond Butter and Jelly Breakfast Bowl?
Great question. As I too am wondering why I make such a fuss about breakfast. But honestly it is the most important meal of the day. I don’t know about you but I am a texture fiend. I love foods with a variety of textures. This bowl is all about that. It starts with the creamy yogurt which is just sweet enough with the jam. Banana slices provide a custard-like sweetness characteristic to bananas alone. Crunchy granola is generously piled atop that, and smooth almond butter is drizzled before a titch of cacao nibs finish it off.
This bowl could serve two bowls, but I usually eat this for breakfast and am satisfied until lunchtime. The basics of the bowl are outlined below. Feel free to juj it as you please. Different jams or even nut butters are what make this simple bowl unique enough for your breakfast foodie within. Enjoy and if you make any certaintly aesthetic bowls please do tag @cuttingedgeveg on instagram!
Want more almond butter recipes?
- Vegan oil-free pesto
- Vegan oil-free creamy balsamic vinaigrette
- 5.4 oz soy greek yogurt
- 1 T raspberry jam
- ½ banana, sliced in an aesthetically pleasing way
- ⅓ c granola
- 1T almond butter
- Pinch of cacao nibs
- Spoon some Greek yogurt into a deep bowl that is your favorite color.
- Scoop in some jam and, using a fork, vigorously break it up into the yogurt to get it dispersed.
- Use your knife skills her and slice your banana in coins, quarters or just halves.
- Shovel on some crunchy granola, and lastly, dip your spoon into some luscious almond butter and drizzle that stuff all over any bare areas of yogurt.
- Pinch some cacao nibs on top for a cheeky bite of cocoa goodness.
- Breakfast is served.